Friday, February 13, 2009

I can't wait for tomorrow....!

While I'm off enjoying a nice Valentine's Day lunch and shopping with my adorable husband tomorrow, the Cybils winners will be announced. It seems like a long time since nominations were opened, then I read made a pretty good attempt to read all of the books in my Young Adult category for which I was a panelist. The ladies and I had a lively discussion as to our favorite books, finally narrowing it down to seven and now it's been in the judges hands for the past month and a half.

The finalists in the Young Adult category are:

Audrey, Wait! by Robin Benway
The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart
I Know It's Over by C.K. Kelly Martin
Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
Sweethearts by Sara Zarr
Ten Cents a Dance by Christine Fletcher
Thaw by Monica Roe

You can find the rest of the finalists in the other categories here.

I know I have my own personal favorites, which do you think will win? Or which do you WANT to win?

1 comment:

Em said...

I'm really excited to see the winners, too! My favorite of the YA books is Audrey, Wait...but I haven't read all of them so I'm picking blindly. :)