Tuesday, February 3, 2009

There Are Cats in This Book

I couldn't really put my finger on it, but Viviane Schwartz title, There Are Cats in This Book, really reminded me of the Mo Willems' Elephant & Piggie books I reviewed last week. Maybe it was the dialogue, I'm not totally sure, but whatever it was I thought this was adorable!

There Are Cats in This Book is pretty simple. The cats want you to come play with them! With the yarn, fish, and boxes, you would think they would be pretty occupied on their own, but they need YOU to turn the pages so they can move onto the next exciting thing.

Lots of life-the-flaps and cutesy dialogue will keep your little ones interested and you chuckling. The cats are totally goofy and the drawings and word bubbles add to the fun. A great choice for reading aloud at home.

To learn more or to purchase, click on the book cover above to link to Amazon.

There Are Cats in This Book
Viviane Schwartz
Picture Book
November 2008


Infant Bibliophile said...

Thanks for the recommendation. That looks like a fun book. I just added it to our TBR list and I'll hunt it down at the library. We just read our first Elephant & Piggie book and I loved it; Mo Willems is great! The title of this cat one reminded me of another cute one we got for Christmas - "My Cat Likes to Hide in Boxes."

Z-Kids said...

Love this book! Just heard an delightful interview about its creation here: http://www.themousehunter.com/blog/?p=1000