Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Wake

I had heard so much positive buzz about Lisa McMann's book, Wake, but it's only just now gotten into my book hungry little hands. It was just as wonderful and thrilling as everyone said and now, I too am super-anxious for the sequel.

Janie is a pretty typical seventeen year old high school student, except for the fact that she falls into other people's dreams. Yes, whenever someone falls asleep near her, Janie gets sucked into their dreams, including the ever-popular falling dream, the going-to-school naked dream, and some dreams she would just rather not ever be a part of.

She knows she can't ever let anyone in on her secret or she'll be declared a freak forever. However, when she falls into the terrible nightmares of a classmate and he finds out the truth about her "seizures," the pair and spun into a crazy web of dreams and nightmares, as well as a bit of romance.

The thrills of this page turner are continuously thrown at the reader and the unique plot concept is what really makes the book jump off the shelf. I was felt Janie's emotions were portrayed in a realistic manner, especially her fear of what happens when she is sucked into Cabel's nightmares. The cover is pretty perfect too.

I will definitely be recommending this to the teens, if they haven't already snatched it up themselves! McMann's sequel, Fade, comes out in just a couple weeks, so I won't have to wait long to see what's up next for Janie.

To learn more or to purchase, click on the book cover above to link to Amazon.

Wake
Lisa McMann

224pages

Young Adult

Simon Pulse

9781416953579

March 2008

7 comments:

Serena said...

wow this sounds like another good book...have you notice your TBR list getting out of control??? Mine has!

Lauren Baratz-Logsted said...

This was one of my favorite YA books of 2008 - you have great taste!

Staci said...

This has been on my list for some time but after that review I'm going to have to bump it up!!

Amanda said...

Oooh ladies, this one was SO good! I really enjoyed it.

Em said...

Loved this book and am very excited about FADE. I'll have to make a trip to the bookstore next week!

J. Kaye said...

I totally loved this book! Can't wait to get my hands on FADE. :)

Lisa said...

That looks excellent. I'll add it to my list.