Sunday, March 8, 2009

Four Paws From Heaven review

Being Sunday, I thought a devotional review was rather appropriate! I've had this one on my TBR list for quite some time and finally added it to my TBR Challenge list so I would actually have an excuse to get it read. Now it's read and crossed off both lists!

Four Paws From Heaven: A Devotion for Dog Lovers was a choice made for quite obvious reasons (if you read this blog regularly that is). It's written by M.R. Wells, Kris Young, and Connie Fleishauer and is not what I would typically consider a devotional, though still a pleasant, entertaining, and faith-filled book to read.

There are five parts to the book, each focusing on a different part of life and connecting with God and including stories as to how the writer's dogs led them to look at their actions and experiences a bit differently than they normally would. Some stories are cute, some funny, some sad, but all relevant to honoring God through our doggies.

Also included is a "Consider this" question at the end of each story, encouraging readers to compare to one's own life, allowing for one to really understand what the writer was trying to get across and how a connection to Jesus can be made.

Though I personally prefer daily devotionals and I found some of the stories a bit far-fetched in how the dog helped the person to feel more connected with our Creator, however, the stories were sweet and often left me smiling or even a little weepy when I finished them. There is also a cat title, for those of you that prefer felines to canines!

I read this book for the TBR Challenge.

To learn more or to purchase, click on the book cover above to link to Amazon.

Four Paws From Heaven: Devotions for Dog Lovers
M.R. Wells, Kris Young, Connie Fleishauer
253 pages
Adult non-fiction
Harvest House Publishers

No comments: