Sunday, March 15, 2009

What a year. Seriously.

I don't know whether to be angry, sad, or just astonished, but we've had yet another death in our family. This makes 3 immediate family members in the course of not even 6 months. My little boy, my mama, and now, my grandfather. Goodness.

Though my Grandpa has been ill for awhile with cancer in his throat, his death was completely unexpected, having suffered a stroke early last week. He passed away late Friday night, a blessing after hearing the pain he was in, but still not any easier on my family. Especially my poor grandmother. She just lost my mom three months ago and now her husband of forever. All of this death is really getting hard to take...though I have a strong belief that God has a plan for us all and this is just a test of our faith. It's certainly hard to not be angry at times though.

I'll be flying to NY for services early this week, staying Tuesday through Friday, and will not have internet access, so if I don't answer comments or emails, just bear with me. I'll be back to normal (hopefully) on Saturday. I will have posts scheduled though, so the reviews won't be lacking.

And if you pray, please pray for our family. It's been such a rough 6 months.

20 comments:

Tricia said...

Amanda,
I'm so sorry for your loss. You and your family will continue to be in my prayers, as you have been since you lost Jacob.
Hugs to you.

Abby said...

Oh, Amanda, I'm so sorry. You and your family are in my thoughts.

*hugs*

Becky said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Know that you've been in me and my family's prayers since Jacob was born.

Stephanie said...

Oh my goodness. I'm so very sorry for your many losses. *hugs*

Ruth @ Bookish Ruth said...

Oh, Amanda. I'm so very sorry. What an unbelievably trying time this must be for all of you. Prayers going up for you and your family.

Marg said...

I will be thinking of your family at this time. It has definitely been a rough six months for you all.

Debi said...

Oh my goodness, Amanda. I am just so very, very sorry. I had no idea that you've faced so much pain and loss. My heart is breaking for you. You're in my thoughts.

Joy said...

I am praying, Amanda. My heart goes out to you and yours.

Jen Robinson said...

Oh, Amanda, I'm so sorry. Your family has had way too much loss this past year. I'll be sending good thoughts...

Melissa said...

I am so very sorry for your loss and will certainly keep you and your family in my prayers. I lost my grandfather a couple of weeks ago, my third grandparent to pass in 2 years, but I can't even imagine what you must be going through.

Here's a link to a poem I posted after my grandfather passed. It's a favorite of my mother's (and mine) to remember a loved one.

Take care.

Stephanie said...

I am so sorry for your loss! I will definately keep you and your family in my prayers.

Serena said...

I'm sorry to hear about this most recent loss. My thoughts are with you and the family. I hope that the rest of the year gets better.

Kelly H-Y said...

I am so, so sorry ... oh my. Being new to your blog, I had no idea that you'd lost a child ... and so recently. And your mother, and now your grandfather. I can't even imagine. I will most certainly add you to my prayer list.

Callista said...

Oh wow I too hadn't realized you'd experience such loss. You are certainly doing well considering. I'm so sorry that you have had another loss.

Vader's Mom said...

You are all in my thoughts and prayers ---

Jill said...

I was going to write you to thank you for the lovely review of my book and to say how sorry I am about the loss of your mother. And now, another loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Lisa said...

Aw Amanda, I'm sorry. What a rough patch.

Kailana said...

I am so sorry for all of your losses! My great-aunt just lost her son, her sister-in-law, and then her sister in 3 months. I honestly don't know how she is getting through it all!

Nise' said...

I am sorry to read about another loss in your family. I will pray for you and your family right now.

Michelle said...

I'm really sorry for your loss :(