Monday, March 30, 2009

Winner, winner!!

Thank you to everyone who entered my Earth Hour contest! I was so glad to see so many people participating in standing up for conservation and bringing their families into what can become an awesome annual tradition.

My family (the hubby and two dogs) took a nice, long walk and then for the last 15 minutes or so read by our LED booklights. We have even talked about making it a weekly or monthly tradition instead of yearly thing...what a great way to get closer! Shut off the lights, the tv, the computers, etc. and just talk to each other. :)

Anyways...the winner of my special book is Debi! I wrote all your names down on paper and the husband pulled out the winner. Debi, you and your family are winning an extra special prize, as I was inspired to add to it this morning. Here's what you're getting:



Planet Earth: Guide to the Planet by Matthew Murrie and Steve Murrie






Mission Planet Earth: Our World and Its Climate-and How Humans Are Changing Them by Sally Ride and Tam O'Shaughnessy

And.....

a tree planted in your name from the Arbor Day Foundation!!


I just need your mailing info (and email address for the tree info), and I'll get your prizes out in the mail! Email me!

Congrats Debi!

2 comments:

Debi said...

Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you, Amanda!!! I know each and every one of us is going to LOVE those books! And the tree...what a wonderful, wonderful thing to do!!!

Serena said...

Congrats to you debi!