Monday, March 30, 2009

Wonderland review

I have to admit, I'm not a huge fan of graphic novels. I've tried, believe me I have...many times in fact, picking up new titles that come into the library and attempting to get into them. Until this book made its way into my mailbox, I really had no desire to read one from cover to cover. After reading Wonderland, I'm definitely more open-minded, wanting to find more and similarly enjoyable. A complete delight from the first page, Maryann and the White Rabbit have me hooked!

Wonderland, written by Tommy Kovac and fabulously illustrated by Sonny Liew. The reader is in for a treat, as we finally get the story of Maryann, the maid that the White Rabbit mistakes for Alice in the beginning of the famous "Alice in Wonderland" story. All of the much-loved characters are back, including the Queen of Hearts, the White Rabbit, the Mad-Hatter, and others. Alice is not involved in the book, but she honestly isn't needed....Maryann is simply charming!

The illustrations that accompany the comics are adorable. The book is going to hold the attention of reluctant readers, lovers of Alice in Wonderland, and kids that just love to read. A great choice for libraries or for boys/girls that love graphic novels. Fantastic!

To learn more or to purchase, click on the book cover to link to Amazon.

Wonderland
Tommy Kovac
160 pages
Graphic Novel
Disney Press
9781423104513
March 2009

2 comments:

Becky said...

This looks fun!

Debi said...

Oh, this sounds so adorable! Hope our library has it!

I read my very first graphic novel just a little over a year ago...now I'm totally hooked!