Saturday, April 18, 2009

Mid-Event Survey and Update 7: 7pm

For this mini-challenge we've been asked to complete a mid-event survey. Here's my answers:

Mid-Event Survey:
1. What are you reading right now? I am about 10 pages into Freaky Monday, 80 pages into The Wizard of Oz, and 5 pages into A Single Thread. I got bored with reading just one book!

2. How many books have you read so far? 5 completely finished, working on 6, 7, and 8.

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? I really want to get started on Something, Maybe by Elizabeth Scott and possible another book for additional challenges.

4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? Not really. Made some plans for the puppy this morning, only b/c she is still needing a lot of attention. Had the hubby make dinner. Nothing else really.

5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? Not so much interruptions rather than distractions. I have a hard time concentrating on books when Aaron is home...I tend to talk to him, rather than look at my pages!

6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? My lack of interest in the mini-challenges. Last fall I did almost all of them, this time...not so many.

7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Not so far.

8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? I don't think anything. Maybe have meals catered? A bigger pot of coffee in the am? Haha

9. Are you getting tired yet? I think I'm always tired, but I still have a lot of steam left. I probably won't make it much past 11, but I'll get up at 4 or 5 and read more.

10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? Read lots of short books! It definitely makes you feel like you're accomplishing something!

Ok and my update?

Title of book(s) read since last update: I started 3, The Wizard of Oz (for my Project 100 challenge), A Single Thread (for my SRT Challenge), and Freaky Monday from the pile I originally started with. I've strayed from the pile a bit.

Number of books read since you started: 5 completed, working on 3 more.

Pages read since last update: 100

Running total of pages read since you started: 1109

Amount of time spent reading since last update: 1 hour

Running total of time spent reading since you started: (keep track of this one to be eligible for a prize!): 7 hours, 30 minutes

Mini-challenges completed: 5: Intro post, Visiting blogs, Take a Walk, Love Your Library, Mid-Event Survey

Other participants you’ve visited: since the last update, 6

Prize you’ve won: 0 (I REALLY want the box of Green books from REALLY hehe)

I also ate dinner and cleaned up after and fed the dogs and took down the laundry off the line. I'm done with chores now, really.


Anna said...

You're doing great so far! I thought the book I was reading was pretty short, 277 pages, but I'm only halfway through. I'm having a blast, though, and that's all that counts.

Diary of an Eccentric

Debi said...

Oh Amanda, I sure hope you win of those Hachette would be the perfect recipient!

Staci said...

That box would be pretty great huh?