Saturday, April 18, 2009

Read-a-thon Post 2: 8:45am

I didn't notice the Introduction Meme on the Read-a-thon homepage earlier, so I'll complete it now, then update with my progress. :)

Where are you reading from today? Just my home, no plans to leave.

3 facts about me … Read-a-thon related or not? I'm going with not. Let's see, I'm 26, have 2 dogs, and loooove split pea soup. How's that?

How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours? I think I have 14 books in my pile, but I have one or two that I've been reading this past week that I want to finish.

Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)? I would really like to just make it most of the way to the end. In past read-a-thons I've just gone to bed around 11, my normal time. I like my bedtime! I'm hoping I can do 1am, but I do have church tomorrow, so we'll see.

If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, Any advice for people doing this for the first time? Don't feel bad about taking breaks, it's very easy to get burnt out when turning those pages constantly.


Ok, so now it's time for an update:


Title of book(s) read since last update: Elly:My True Story of the Holocaust, Franny Parker, part of the Bible, part of One Month to Live
Number of books read since you started: 2 completed
Pages read since last update: 302
Running total of pages read since you started: 302
Amount of time spent reading since last update: almost 2 hours
Running total of time spent reading since you started: (keep track of this one to be eligible for a prize!): about 2 hours
Mini-challenges completed: 1, just the intro post.
Other participants you’ve visited: Becky, Debi
Prize you’ve won: 0

So, I did my morning Bible time, reading Mark:3-6 and then part of my ongoing book, One Month to Live. I then picked up Elly, finished that, and then picked up and read Franny Parker. Both enjoyable, not wowing me though.

I had my two cups of coffee and some leftover soup for breakfast (I'm not a breakfast food person). I'm about to take a shower and then back to the reading!

6 comments:

Debi said...

Oh my goodness, girl, just look at you go...over 300 pages already!!! That's fantastic!!! And even more fantastic is that you're having fun!

Maw Books said...

Great job! And a holocaust book. I'll have to wait for your review on it, I like holocaust stories.

Amanda said...

Wow, two books already??? That's great!

Bybee said...

Koreans eat soup for breakfast every morning of the year.

It sounds soothing and nice.

mjmbecky said...

It's so great meeting so many book bloggers that I've never met! Looks like you're off to a great start. Good luck, and I'll be back!

Teddyree said...

Visiting from Australia :-) you are doing great. We are on hour 17 over here and the reading has slowed and now visiting. Good luck and have fun