Friday, April 17, 2009

Ready for the Read-a-thon?

I know I am! I have a wonderful husband that is not only leaving the house for the morning, heading out to help with a garage sale, but is also taking the puppy with him, so I can read, undistracted, for at least a portion of the day. Shae, the older dog, will accompany me by laying in bed, surrounded by a huge pile of books, laptop, and snacks, ready to update!

I did double-duty on the housework today, so I won't feel guilty not lifting a finger tomorrow, AND Aaron already has plans to make dinner, so that's covered too. Phew!

I love the mini-challenges, so I'll be looking for those and may just have a giveaway planned for the end of our adventure in reading! Which literally means, yes, I have a giveaway planned for Sunday, check back!

My start time is 6am and I do plan to get up right around there, so I'll see you all tomorrow, bright and early!

Are you ready?


Callista said...

Mostly. My original plan was to go to my mom's house while hubby stays with kids so I could read undisturbed (my mom would cook meals etc..) but we have a Bridal Shower on Sunday and we'd have to leave like 11am or something.

First I thought I was going then I thought I coudln't got and now I don't know if I can go. I'm waiting to hear if there is room for me in the carpool. So for sure I'm reading but I won't be reading all 24 hours, especially if I'm going to Bridal Shower.

I have to print out reading log but I got breakfast and lunch covered and there are some snacks. I told hubby he needs to cook dinner but we'll see if that really happens. I also have to take a kid to a swimming lesson saturday 11am (I start reading at 8am) so we'll see how much reading I get done.

Sorry that was probably WAY more than you wanted to know.

Amanda said...

Haha it's ok! I like hearing how other readers are spending their days!

I'm sure I won't be reading the ENTIRE 24 hours either...I'm too antsy of a person to just sit for that long. And I'm used to going to bed around 11, so I'm not sure if I'll make it much past there, but I'm gonna give it a shot!

N.Vasillis said...

Good luck tomorrow. I'll be cheering you on.

Anna said...

Good luck and have fun! My daughter and I are participating together, and I know we won't be doing the full 24 hours. It'll still be fun, though. Hubby says he's all set to fend for himself, but we'll see. LOL

Diary of an Eccentricst

Becky said...

I'm *supposed* to start at 7. But I doubt I'll be up by then. I am never ever ever up that early. Then again I'm a night owl. :) But I do plan on reading/participating tomorrow.