Thursday, April 9, 2009

Winner, winner!

So over HERE, I posted about my blog plan for April and asked you all to leave a comment, suggesting an organization for me to donate my Amazon Associates proceeds to (for the month of April), in honor of "Earth Month." The winner is going to be getting a big prize!

I've had to switch up the blog plan a bit, as my "eco-friendly" product posts were not generating much interest (and I don't want to bore anyone!). Sooo...instead of donating just my proceeds from the Amazon Associates sales of those products, I'll be donating a set amount, plus those proceeds. Right now I think we're only at 91 cents, and I would really like the donation to at least be in the double digits! So the product posts will be more like one every few days, rather than 2 per day.

That doesn't change the winner's prize though! We had some awesome suggestions for earth-friendly charities, from The Nature Conservancy to the Conservation Fund, as well as many others, but a last day entry yesterday just sounded PERFECT for what this blog is about.

Brimful Curiosities
suggested Eco-Libris and that, my friends, is my choice!! All proceeds from Amazon Associates, as well as a set amount of money money money, will be going to Eco-Libris, an organization that plants trees in developing countries, to balance out those cut down to produce BOOKS. How perfect is that?! The trees are not at all expensive, so I think we can make a big difference with a small amount of money. To learn more about this awesome organization, go HERE.

Now, Brimful Curiosities, I'm sure you're wondering what your prize will be....here's the list:

-The donation made to Eco-Libris will be made in YOUR name (yay!)
-a copy of Curious George Plants a Tree
-a copy of Big Earth, Little Me by Thom Wiley
-a copy of A Tree for Emmy by Mary Ann Rodman
-a copy of S is for Save the Planet: A How-to-be-Green Alphabet by Brad Herzog
-a copy of Beth's Job by Carole Roberts
-a copy of It's Earth Day! by Mercer Mayer
-and other items, yet to be determined...

How fun is that?! Can't wait to mail it out to you! I'll be in touch!

3 comments:

Serena said...

Congrats Brimful Curiosities and that is a great charity!

Brimful Curiosities said...

Hi Amanda,
Thanks! I'm so glad you appreciated my comment about Eco-Libris. It is a great charity. I will personally match whatever amount you decide to donate and offer my donation in celebration of Earth Day and National Library Week. By the way, Eco-Libris has its own blog and sometimes offers giveaways for eco-friendly books. http://ecolibris.blogspot.com/

Debi said...

Congratulations to Brimful Curiosities! That really is a wonderful charity!