Sunday, May 3, 2009

One Month to Live review

I was watching the news a couple of weeks ago and saw this human interest story on several community groups across the country that began reading this book together, determined to transform their lives and start living in the "now." Well I was sold, added it to my Project 100 list and was able to find it at the library. I really want to start living for now, not putting things off until "later" or "someday" and that's exactly the point of this book.

Kerry and Chris Shook, a husband-wife team, came up with One Month to Live: Thirty Days to a No-Regrets Life, and it has obviously been extremely successful. Using the mindset that one only has thirty days left to live, they encourage the reader, through different categorical chapters, to live now and not later. To not put off telling someone you love them, forgiving a friend for an argument, or taking that vacation until someday.

Very much based on God's word, this title may not appeal to everyone. Bible verses are on almost every page, encouraging the reader to really look to what God has said for us to do in our lives and do those things immediately, not waiting until it's too late. This was a wonderful aspect of the book for me, but again, it's not for everyone. I think the cover and inside flaps kinda leave out the religious aspect of the content.

A wonderfully inspiring read, this is one I highly recommend for individuals and book groups. Great for libraries and home shelves.

There is also a devotional journal and a guide/workbook that you can purchase along with One Month to Live to help you really get the message...I just read the book, so I can't give my opinion on those.

I read this for the Project 100 challenge.

To learn more or to purchase, click on the book cover above to link to Amazon.

One Month to Live: Thirty Days to a No-Regrets Life
Kerry & Chris Shook
240 pages
Adult Non-fiction
Waterbrook
9781400073795
February 2008

1 comment:

Holly said...

The really intrigues me. I need to check it out.