Saturday, May 23, 2009

Some updates, links, and a favor...

First, I just want to let everyone know that I have some of our wonderful family staying with us from Chicago this week and I probably will be pretty slow to respond to comments, answer emails, etc. I have a post(s) set up for each day, so nothing lacking there, but just be patient if you email or leave a comment.

Next up....I would like to ask for you to vote in the Beautiful "Baby" Contest held over at A Novel Menagerie. A whole bunch of bloggers submitted pictures of our "babies" (cats, dogs, etc.) and are asking for your votes to win a gift card. Let me tell vacuum cleaner is in desperate need of replacing, so that gift card could come in handy. My entry is my English Bulldog, Zoey, and we would love your vote, but really just want you to vote for anyone!! The site is here. I think tomorrow is the last day to vote.

Head on over to Mother Reader to sign up for the 48 Hour Book Challenge. YAY!!! I love these days of reading! They help to get the TBR pile down and this year will help me get my reading numbers up before the big move to Virginia puts a hold on all things book related. My biggest tip for this 2 day event is to NOT FEEL PRESSURED. No one really expects you to sit there and read for 48 hours. Heck, I'm having a garage sale smack dab in the middle, but you can bet I still signed up!

I think that's it for now...have a glorious, blessed weekend!

1 comment: