Sunday, June 7, 2009

48 Hr Read-a-thon, Final Times/Books

Back from church, I finally have some time to add up all those hours and minutes spent reading and blogging. I am SO proud of myself for making it as far as I did, if only because I raised a good chunk of money for a fantastic organization, The March of Dimes.

Here's the totals:

Time Spent Reading/Blogging: 32 Hours 46 minutes. YAYYYYY!!! I made it past 30!!

Books Read: 13

Titles:
The Twilight Prisoner
Darkwood
Along for the Ride
Secret Keeper
Escape Under the Forever Sky
Dairy Queen
11 Birthdays
Breathless
Knit for Love
Dandelion Fire
The Leisure Seeker
The School for Dangerous Girls
Bad Girls Don't Die

I got SO many off my TBR list, but now actually have to sit down and write a review for all of them!

Good luck to everyone else as you finish...I hope you had as much fun as I did!

9 comments:

GreenBeanTeenQueen said...

Wow-that's awesome!! I read 30 hours and only got 6 1/2 books finished! I need to learn to speed read:)
Congrats on making it so far!

Abby said...

32 (33, really) hours?!?! You are an inspiration! Way to go!!!

Eva M said...

That is truly amazing!!!! I've only done about 9 hours (10 if you count blogging) - but there are still several reading hours left in the day. Love your reading list!

Rasco from RIF said...

Congratulations! I hope you have enjoyed it as much as I have.

Trisha said...

Wow!

I've also planning on reading Along for the Ride and Bad Girls Don't Die for the 48HBC.

And good job on the donation to the March of Dimes!

MotherReader said...

Amazing job AND number of books read! How much did you collect for March of Dimes?

Laughing Stars said...

13 books?? 33 hours?!? You rock! :-) I love the fact that you raised money for March of Dimes.

Jen Robinson said...

That is amazing, Amanda!! Congratulations! It does sound like having an important cause helped for you, which makes it even better.

Amanda said...

I was originally doing $1 an hour for the March of Dimes, but I've decided to double it, so $66.00 total!