Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Elly: My True Story of the Holocaust review

Books about the Holocaust always intrigue me. I love hearing the stories of hope and triumph over terrible situations and even when the story results in death, the information taken away from it is always valuable.

Elly: My True Story of the Holocaust by Elly Berkovits Gross is a short little autobiography, chronicling the journey of Elly and her family to Auschwitz when she was 15 and the horrors she endured after her family was immediately killed. This is a true and honest first-person account of experiences and ultimate triumph over tragedy in Elly helping to spread the word about what went on in Auschwitz, as well as in other concentration camps around Europe.

A great resource for middle grade or young adult readers, Elly would make a great source for a project on the Holocaust, as well as just plain old enjoyment reading. A powerful message of hope shines through each page and everyone can use a little inspiration now and then.

To learn more or to purchase, click on the book cover above to link to Amazon.

Elly: My True Story of the Holocaust
Elly Berkovits Gross
131 pages
Middle Grade
March 2009

1 comment:

Anna said...

I think my daughter would want to read this one. Thanks for the review. I hope it's okay that I linked to your review on War Through the Generations.

Diary of an Eccentric