Tuesday, June 2, 2009

My nephew's favorites...

This past week, my 14 month old nephew and his mama and daddy stayed with us, getting a taste of the New Mexico weather before we head on to Virginia at the end of the month. The little man is a huge fan of books (just like his Aunt Amanda) and I thought we could feature HIS choices this evening. I had every single board book I own out in the living room for him to "read" and play with, probably close to 50, and the books he always seemed to be looking at, touching, or wanting read to him were as follows:

Baby Nose to Baby Toes, written by Vicky Ceelen, which features absolutely BRILLIANT photographs of both babies and baby animals. A lovely, lovely book that my nephew enjoyed and I would recommend for a fantastic shower gift.

Biscuit Visits the Petting Zoo by Alyssa Satin Capucilli, is a wonderful touch-and-feel book that he kept going back to again and again. He LOVED the last page where you could rub Biscuit's belly! Apparently it was just hilarious to him! There are lots and lots of Biscuit touch-and-feel books out there, Biscuit being as popular as he is.

In My Nest by Sara Gillingham and Lorena Siminovich, is pretty brand-new on the market, I had just gotten a package with that and In My Pond the day before the family left, but once the baby saw this book, he didn't let it go. Featuring an awesome interactive finger puppet and cool circle-within-a-circle design, another great one for toddlers. I can see why he enjoyed it so much.

And finally, Who Lives in the Pond, a Baby Einstein bath book, written by Julie Aigner-Clark and illustrated by Nadeem Zaidi. Drool proof, baby teeth proof, water proof, the child just couldn't get over the fact that he was actually ALLOWED to bring this one into the bathtub with him. Very cute!

Those are the nephew's reviews! To learn more or to purchase, click on any of the book covers to link to Amazon. Board books are relatively inexpensive, so they make great gifts.


Kelly H-Y said...

LOVE your nephew's reviews!!! Enjoy your time with him! :-)

Infant Bibliophile said...

I remember reading a review of the "In my nest" book before and thinking it sounded like one our little guy would really like. Thanks for reminding me.