Monday, August 17, 2009

Library Loot, week 2

Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Eva and Marg that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries!

Well this week, Library Loot is just going to prove that I have a serious problem when it comes to new books. Not only do all the holds come in at once, but I always have to have the maximum amount of holds on my card and I've hijacked my husband's card so I can use all of his holds too! It's crazy and soooo unnecessary, but I also know that I'm not alone in this problem. And really, isn't it a wonderful problem to have? This week I picked up:

Love You, Hate You, Miss You by Elizabeth Scott
Julie & Julia by Julie Powell
City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
Where Do I Go? by Neta Jackson
Write Naked by Peter Gould
The Summer House by Nancy Thayer
While I'm Falling by Laura Moriarty
Local Flavors by Deborah Madison

I'm attempting to catch up on my Elizabeth Scott reading and this is the last one I needed. I have to read a book before I see the movie, hence Julie & Julia. City of Bones because I'm the last person to read the series and Where Do I Go? because I love Neta Jackson. The last four were impulse pickups.


Laughing Stars said...

It looks like a great library haul. :-)

Staci said...

We have a lot of books in common :)
I too checked out Julie & Julia, The City of Glass (3), and While I'm Falling...Enjoy!!!

Serena said...

I hope you enjoy your books...looks like the library has a new friend!

Mama Librarian said...

Um. Maximum holds? Heh heh... I don't know if we have that, but I've never reached it!

Amanda said...

Yes this library system is silly. Each cardholder can have a maximum of 13 holds (which is such a strange number to me) my old library that I worked at, we could only have 5, staff included, so I suppose this is an improvement!

Marg said...

I always have maximum holds on as well. We can have 20 which seems like a lot, but really and truly isn't enough!

Maybe I should try and find a husband so I can use his library card! lOL!

I just read City of Bones a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it!

Janssen said...

Can't wait to see what you think of City of Bones!