Monday, August 24, 2009

Library Loot, week 3

Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Eva and Marg that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries!

Only picked up 5 this week, 4 holds and 1 I went specifically for. I still have a bunch from last week and ended up taking a few back that weren't interesting me anymore. Even with that, I still have a huge pile...sigh.



A Dog's Life by Ann M. Martin ( I picked it up because I've been wanting to read it for FOUR years and now that the sequel is coming out I finally went out and got it)

Tantalize by Cynthia Leitich Smith (I've been sent a review copy of the sequel, haven't yet read this one)

Triskellion by Will Peterson (same as above...supposed to review book 2, haven't read book 1)

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Roderick Rules by Jeff Kinney (yep, I'm a loser, have only read the first one of these)

The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery ( had this one on hold for quite some time, anxious to get to it)

I want to know what YOU checked out this week!

7 comments:

Marg said...

Good looking loot that you have there!

Abby said...

I only checked out one book - Leonardo the Terrible Monster because I want to use it for a storytime tomorrow and my work library doesn't own it yet!

How do you like your new library? Is it a big system?

Amanda said...

The new library system is great, it's got about 15/20 branches, so getting books aren't a big problem. I'm not a huge fan of any one particular library though, unfortunately. None of the staff is very friendly, they never have displays of new books, their YA sections obviously have no consideration. Ya know...me being picky. :)

Abby said...

No, I know what you mean. It drives me crazy when libraries have poor customer service or no displays. We have higher standards because we know how it should be done!

Staci said...

Your loot looks great. I seriously want to know what you think of Elegance. I've read so many mixed reviews on that one!!

Cynthia Leitich Smith said...

Thanks for reading Tantalize! I'm honored. In case it helps, Tantalize and Eternal have different casts, which will crossover in book 3, Blessed (due to my editor in early September). Blessed will pick up right where Tantalize leaves off. If you'd like a signed Eternal bookmark (or a few to use as giveaways), feel free to write me at the website with a snail/street mail addy, and I'll zip them right off. Thanks for all you do!

carolinestarr said...

Are you in the Fairfax system in Manassas? Trying to remember... if so, Shari Randall (Kingstowne branch)is the one to contact about kids' books. We were in a critique group together once.

I'm wrapping up The Mysterious Benedict Society and need to get rolling on Persuasion, as I'm leading a book club discussion next week.