Monday, August 10, 2009

Library first!

Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Eva and Marg that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries!

I have yet to participate in a Library Loot meme, though I've been seeing all of yours for so long and always wanted to participate. When I was actually working in a library, I was bringing home a new book (or books) every day and returning the same amount, so to actually put together a coherent meme post just took too much effort at that point. Now, I'm simply a regular patron, making trips to the library down the street once or twice a week, so I am fully capable of having fun with all of you and showing my library finds! Here we go...

Stealing Heaven by Elizabeth Scott
The Amaranth Enchantment by Julie Berry
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society by Mary Ann Shaffer
A Month of Summer by Lisa Wingate
The Astonishing Adventures of Fanboy and Goth Girl by Barry Lyga
Swede Dreams by Eva Apelqvist
The Great Call of China by Cynthea Liu
Extra Credit by Andrew Clements
Healthy Family Meals by American Heart Association

As an explanation of each, I mostly have people to blame, but some were just random pickups. Swede Dreams and The Great Call of China are part of the "Students Across the Seven Seas" series, which are short beach reads that I've enjoyed in the past. They are a broke girl's method of travel! I don't really have the time to read them, but I grabbed them anyways, we'll see what happens.

Stealing Heaven is simply because I've wanted to read it since it came out (LOVE Elizabeth Scott of course) and it just now became available. Same with Fanboy and Goth Girl. Plus I just got the ARC of the sequel, so I best get onto the first!

The Guernsey Literary Society because Becky and Nicole Baart told me to and I would trust their recommendations any day.

The cookbook because I'm always on the lookout for a good cookbook, but am usually disappointed. I like healthy, all-natural food (as much as it can be), that's easy to prepare and has a photo of each recipe. VERY pleased with this one...already made the Greek Chicken, took about 5 minutes of prep, done in 15 minutes total and it was yummy! I'll buy the book when the price goes down.

And Extra Credit because Andrew Clements is always great.

Until next week!


Alaine - Queen of Happy Endings said...

Great stash Amanda! Look forward to reading some reviews.

Lisa said...

I posted a huge stack of library books just yesterday. I don't think I have it in me to do it every week, plus my stack doesn't change so much, but it was fun.

I'm interested in how you like Fanboy and Goth Girl. I saw a nice review of that elsewhere this week.

Abby said...

I'm so jealous of your Extra Credit! I kept requesting that my home library buy it, but no dice. I finally bought it myself and now I'm waiting (kind of) patiently for my Amazon order to ship...

Katie said...

Let me know how you like The Guernsey Literary Society. I've seen that before and have been considering giving it a shot!

Staci said...

You got some great stuff there!!! Enjoy it all!!

GreenBeanTeenQueen said...

Great library books! I need to read The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society-I've heard great things.

Janssen said...

Guernsey really is GREAT. Hope you love it!

Marg said...

The title that really jumps out at me there is Guernsey! Loved that book when I read it last year.

BTW, welcome to Library Loot. We are glad to have you participating!

Lisa, please feel free to join in with Library Loot at any time. You don't have to do it every week, just when you have some loot to share!

cynthea said...

Oh! Fabulous selection there. Let me know what you think of THE GREAT CALL. (of course, I had to say that since I wrote it) and I love hearing from readers. Enjoy your reads!