Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Where the blog gets written!

Over at Abby (the) Librarian (a great blog, you should read it often), we've been asked by the lovely Abby to share out "Blog Centrals." Where the posts get written, the reviews are typed up, and the stash of books waiting to be read is housed. Abby has a really nice space, with GREAT windows and since I just moved into this house about 7 weeks ago, mine definitely doesn't compare. I suppose the rest of the house just had to get done before my room was even looked at. So... enjoy the plain white walls, with the small window, and the mismatched furniture, it may not be beautiful, but it's allll mine :)

So this is the view from the door. The room is definitely small, the smallest of our two spare bedrooms, but amazingly once held two little girls and all of their stuff. Crazy!

This gives you more of a view of my nice new desk (for which I'm using a non-matching dining room chair, but hey, it works!). I do still do most of my reviews on a desktop, I feel I get more work done when I'm actually sitting at a desk and don't have the ability to pick up and go wherever I want. I have a pile of books waiting to be reviewed-I've been SO behind, my go-to drink of a Diet Caffeine Free Pepsi, a picture of my little boy, and a couple of moose figurines (if you follow this blog, you know Jacob's nickname was Moose).


I hate this ugly bookshelf, but it serves a purpose and I can't quite get rid of it yet. This is my to-be-reviewed shelf of Young Adult and Middle Grade titles. And I just cleared about 10 off to move to my nightstand for "must-read-now" status.


My picture book shelf. The fullest shelf is to-be-reviewed's, other than that they are ones I'm keeping. The little keepsakes are fun too, I have a moose angel, a Christmas moose, my piggy bank that was made for me when I was born, and a teddy bear Aaron sent to me from Iraq about 4 years ago.


My non-fiction books to review are to the right.


And my girls, Zoey and Shae, were sad that I kept kicking them out of the picture, so I thought one of them would be ok. :) Click on the picture to make it bigger and you can see Zoey's ridiculous bulldog teeth. SO funny.

I do have a million more books in the house, I just didn't put them in here. I have two bookcases in the living room with all the books that are "mine," (I'm keeping them), as well as library books. In the family room I have two more book cases, with Bibles, devotionals, scrapbooks, and family books. A million...

So that's my space! I do admit that on nice summer nights I take the laptop out to the screened-in porch, but for the most part, this is where it all happens! Painting will happen eventually, I'm thinking a nice, deep, golden yellow...as will a new bookcase and a futon or daybed for guests. Hope you liked it! Don't forget to click on the link above and add your own Blog Central to Abby's list!

11 comments:

Serena said...

Looks like a great space, Amanda. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Abby said...

You are so much more organized than I am! I need to sort my books out and put them in some kind of order... hmmm. Thanks for sharing!!

Rebecca :) said...

Your space definitely beats mine. I just type on my bed! lol

Staci said...

Love your space Amanda!! Thanks for sharing this with us!!

test translate said...

thank a lot your information and Very Good information
When I read the article and see a variety
very much for I had the opportunity to publish my work.
Permission to offer my website,
A site about shelf bookcase

:)

Brimful Curiosities said...

Neat post. Can you believe that the only bookshelf we have in our home is a small house shaped one in my daughter's room? Currently my books spend time in large bins or on the floor or on the top of the counter or desk. Love my desk. We're working to remedy the bookshelf problem. Custom made ones are scheduled to arrive early Oct. Thank goodness.

Charlotte said...

What fun looking at the books on your shelves! And how tidy your room is...

I hope you are liking Virginia--it does get much more pleasant in fall.

CeeCee said...

Very neat and organized, unlike my space. I try, really I do! Thanks Amanda.

Kelly H-Y said...

Fun to see your lovely working space!!

Diane said...

Great space and a colorful book library. Cute dogs too!

GreenBeanTeenQueen said...

Great space! Thanks for posting. Someday I'll get an office and get to move off the couch.

And your dogs are so cute!