Monday, September 14, 2009

Book Blogger Appreciation favorite blogs

Book Blogger Appreciation Week is finally here and though I was not shortlisted for any specific category, I was nominated in three! Thank you to all that thought of this teeny little blog when asked to name your means a whole lot :)

In honor of the first day of BBAW, we've been asked to name the blogs that really mean something to us or that stand out in our minds when we think of favorites. I have a bunch that instantly come to mind, but I'll keep it short and sweet and just name the ones I read/follow/talk about on a daily basis.

Abby (the) Librarian: Abby blogs mainly about children's and YA books, but also on daily occurrences in the life of a Children's Librarian. I love her review style, the fact that we have very similar taste in books, and we share a profession :)

Charlotte's Library: Charlotte jumps deep into the fantasy/sci fi world and always brings new titles to my TBR pile. She's a lovely person and was at the helm of the bookplate project to honor my son last year. I love the blog and the blogger is pretty darn great too!

Becky's Book Reviews: Becky has been SO helpful in my blogging journey, always answering questions about formatting/adding goodies to sidebars, as well as having an awesome review blog. We definitely share similar tastes, but have disagreed on some biggies (Looking for Alaska and Jellicoe Road come to mind :), leading to some fabulous discussions. She adds to my TBR pile several times a week, if not more!

A Fuse #8 Production: Betsy Bird is one of the most hilarious women on this planet. And she's a librarian. And she blogs about books. And did I mention she's hilarious? Every day she has something snarky and witty to say about the book world, often resulting in my poor husband having to read something he totally doesn't care about, but I just HAVE to share with someone. If you are living in a hole and haven't seen her blog, check it out!

MotherReader: Another blog that's a must read, if you aren't already. She hosts amazing events, is always super informative, has a very likable manner of writing, and links to a lot of fantastic booky stuff.

Before I leave you for the evening, I have to plug a great new blog that's on our scene and may just become a favorite for next year's BBAW. A good friend of mine and former colleague (darn the Air Force for making me move!) has started a book review blog, in which the turtles of the Children's Room are actually doing the "reviewing," with a smattering of patron and staff reviews thrown in as well. Witty, fun to read, and a whole lot of unique, go say hi to Ami and support the new blog!


Melissa (Betty and Boo's Mommy) said...

Stopping by from Melissa's Bookshelf to say I've added you to my (growing) Google Reader. Always fun to find other bloggers who review kids' books! Happy BBAW! (and congrats on being nominated!)

Abby said...

Awww, thanks, dear! I love your blog, too, and I seriously can't wait to meet you at KidLitCon! WOOOOO!

fusenumber8 said...

*blush* Aw, shucks. I didn't even know if you read me or not. Cheers! And right back atcha, I love your reviews. Always hope for A Patchwork of Books take on a book when I'm going to review one.

Serena said...

great list of book blogs.

Charlotte said...

Aw, gee, Amanda, thanks so very much. gee. thanks.

I have always loved your blog too, and I'm looking forward to meeting you in real life next month!

3T said...

A big thank-you from Yoda, Atlas, and Freaky! 40 visits to our site since your post - they are now swimming around with their wee noses in the air.

Staci said...

Great list there!!!

Debi said...

You know, when I wrote this post up for BBAW I used my favorites folder and then pulled random numbers to pick which blogs to highlight. I can honestly say I was very sad that your number didn't come up, because while I so very much enjoy your blog, I even more adore your sweet, warm personality!
And I was very, very disappointed that your blog wasn't shortlisted for the kids lit blog! :(
But I sure hope you know how very much you're loved out here in bloggyland!!!