Thursday, September 3, 2009

It's vacation time!

This weekend, the hubby, the dogs, and I are packing up the car and heading home to Upstate NY for some good family time. A big BBQ with the in-laws and extended family in one of the most beautiful places in the world (to me), some fun at the New York State fair, and lots of relaxing.

It's the first time we've brought our dogs with us to a relative's house, so that should be interesting. Two, very high energy dogs will meet two very mellow dogs...could be a scary combo!

I'm, of course, bringing a lot of reading material, more for the reason of choices rather than time. I'll have time to read on the 7 hour drive up, though we're leaving at 4am to beat some traffic so it won't quite be light for a couple of hours. While we're there I'm sure I'll have some down-time, but with what little time I get to spend with my 17 month old nephew, I'm sure I'll be occupied with him!

The ride back we're taking two vehicles (one given to us free and clear, thank you God), so I'll be driving = no reading.

What am I bringing?

Road to Tater Hill by Edith M. Hemingway
Once Was Lost by Sara Zarr
Ash by Malinda Lo
The ELegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbary

Three are ARCs neeeding to be reviewed, one is a library book. I'll be lucky to finish one, but at least I have choices!


Michelle said...

I miss the NY State Fair! I moved to VA 14 years ago, but our fair isn't the same. Looks like you've got some good reads picked out. I love Sara Zarr, and I'm waiting on Road to Tater Hill to arrive at my library.

Janssen said...

I loved "Once was Lost." It was really SHORT too!

Staci said...

Hope your weekend is great!! Enjoy all of it!!

sarah said...

Here is a great chance to drive a large number of visitors to your blogs and websites for free.

Submit your websites, blogs, videos to and get 1000s of targeted visitors everyday for free. It also helps your websites/blogs gain valuable backlinks.

Let the other bloggers cast their votes to push your posts up for a greater visibility. Enjoy a free, huge traffic to your sites.



Debi said...

Hope you have a wonderful, wonderful time, Amanda!!!!