Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Library Loot and some winners...

First, I have the three winners of Moose on the Loose by Kathy-jo Wargin. These lucky blog readers will have a copy of the book shipped to them by the publisher, Sleeping Bear Press. Congrats to:

evilredcaboose

Mama Librarian

and...

Brooke!

Ladies, be sure to email me your address by Friday at 11:59pm or I'll have to choose another winner. Thanks to everyone who entered!

Now on to Library Loot.


Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Eva and Marg that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries!

I honestly picked up this ENTIRE pile of books just yesterday, as it seems all of my holds decided to come in at the same time, including several adult titles, which will take me a whole lot longer than YA or MG to complete.



We have:

A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly, which I've heard such good things about for so long.

Shelter Me by Juliette Fay, a recommendation from my friend Katie. I'm going to check it out, though it may be a bit too romancy for my taste.

Everything Beautiful by Simmone Howell

Baking Cakes in Kigali by Gaile Parker

Farm City: The Education of an Urban Farmer by Novella Carpenter

The Rules of Survival by Nancy Werlin (Fill in the Gaps challenge)

The Elephant Keeper by Christopher Nichols

Shanghai Girls by Lisa See, which I'm reading with a friend that just moved overseas. It's our own mini book club

Can't wait to see what everyone else got!

6 comments:

Brooke said...

Nice loot.. I sent you my email and am so excited about winning..

Eva said...

I hope you enjoy A Northern Light! A couple weeks ago, I got about 150 pages in and decided it wasn't doing it for me. So I returned it to the library but plan on giving it another shot! Farm City sounds really neat.

Staci said...

Loved Shanghai Girls, Northern Light, Shelter Me...enjoy!

Marg said...

I liked A Northern Light, but enjoy Jennifer Donnelly's Victorian sagas a lot more. I am hoping to pick up Shanghai Girls soon myself!

Lisa said...

I have a huge pile of library books. I'm thinking I need to post a list soon (I don't usually do Library Loot.)

Mama Librarian said...

Thanks so much for the Moose on the Loose! =)