Sunday, October 4, 2009

Cybils YA Panel...and Me!

Yep, that's right! I've once again been granted a place as a Round 1 Judge for the Young Adult Fiction category of the Cybils. I'm definitely excited to be reading some fabulous books, but being that this is my 2nd year on the YA panel (3rd year overall), I know I'm in for some tough discussions and even more difficult decisions come December.

My fellow panelists are:

Panel Organizer:
Jackie Parker, Interactive Reader

Panelists (Round I Judges):

Sally Kruger, Reading Junky's Reading Roost
Jackie Parker (see panel organizer)
Tirzah Price, The Compulsive Reader
Leila Roy, Bookshelves of Doom
Sarah Wethern, YA Librarian Tales
Sarah Woodard, Sarah's Random Musings

Round II Judges:

Cathy Ensley, Words, World and Wings
Carrie Harris, The Wonder that is my Blog
Kelly Jensen, STACKED
Em King, Em's Bookshelf
Lee Wind, I'm Here. I'm Queer. What the Hell Do I Read?

A few I've worked with on a Cybils panel before, most not. Definitely a fun time ahead!

For now, I've got my reading hat on and am prepared to be completely taken over by YA fiction here in the coming weeks. Very exciting!

6 comments:

Janssen said...

Congratulations!!! Can't wait to see what you guys come up with.

Sarahbear9789 said...

Can't wait to work with you.

Abby said...

Looks like a great panel! Have fun!

Amanda said...

Thanks to all! It should be a great award season!

Carrie Harris said...

Congrats! Can't wait to work with you. (And the excuse to read like a maniac isn't so bad either.)

Debi said...

They have very good taste in judges! Have fun, Amanda!