Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I'm off for the weekend....and Library Loot

So, I have a wedding to go to at home in Upstate NY this weekend, so tomorrow morning (well...really tonight) at 3am the husband and I will be up and leaving to beat D.C. morning traffic. It only takes about 7 hours total to get to beautiful Canandaigua, NY, so we should be there sometime around 10 or 11. The dogs are packed, we're packed, and (of course) I have more than enough books packed.

Because some weird part of me knows that you all are interested in what I'm bringing along, here's the list:

The Off Season by Catherine Murdock (audio). I have to read the third in the series for the Cybils, so figured I better get the second. I'll listen to this when it's my turn to drive....when Aaron takes his turn he gets to pick the radio station :)

Medina Hill by Trilby Kent. I'm part of a blog tour next month and need to get this read.

Willow by Julia Hoban. Reading it for the Cybils.

Eli the Good by Silas House. Reading it for the Cybils (started it this morning and I love it so far).

I'm only going for 3 1/2 days and each day is jam-packed, but I need to have choices when the reading time does become available!

I'll have a full update and lots o'pictures when I get back Monday afternoon. Here's to a weekend of friends, family, wedding, seeing a new baby, eating yummy food, and picking pumpkins!

And now for this week's Library Loot!



Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Eva and Marg that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries!

All of my titles this week are for the Cybils, except The Off Season, which (like I said above) I'm listening to so I can read the Cybil nominee.


The Off Season by Catherine Murdock (hope the narrator is good!)
Jumped by Rita Williams-Garcia
The Season by Sarah MacLean
Comfort by Joyce Moyer Hotstetter
The Spectacular Now by Tim Tharp
Carter Finally Gets It by Brent Crawford

6 comments:

Eva said...

I'm always interested in packing lists, be they of clothes or books! :) Enjoy all of your Cybils reads!

Debi said...

Have a wonderful trip, Amanda! You might have snow. :D Any idea how tempted I am to drive down to Canandaigua and see if I can't find you to meet in person?!!

Melissa said...

It'll be so nice in Canandaigua this weekend. I went to Syracuse for law school and miss it up there.

Michelle said...

Great choices! I recently got Carter Finally Gets It and it looks like it's going to be a great read. Hope the trip is a safe one (particularly given today's blah weather).

Abby said...

We'll miss you this weekend, Amanda! Have a fun trip!

Carrie Harris said...

This Library Loot thing is awesome. I just got The Automatic Detective by A. Lee Martinez (warning: do not read while drinking anything), Angry Management by Chris Crutcher, and Flash Burnout by LK Madigan. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I am mine.