1. What are you reading right now? Just finished Notes from the Dog by Gary Paulsen, about to pick up something new.
2. How many books have you read so far? 7
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? Front and Center by Catherine Murdock. I'm attempting to hold off until the end and use it as my reward :)
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? No, I have an understanding husband and the weather really worked in my favor
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? I was interrupted to go out to dinner, but that only took a couple of hours. No problem.
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? I'm still SO surprised at how many participants there are. Something like 350?
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Unfortunately, only a couple of the mini-challenges have been appealing thus far.
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? Nothing so far, I'm getting through a whole bunch of books.
9. Are you getting tired yet? Yep, but I'll make it a few more hours. I think we're taking the day off from church, so I'll get to sleep in a little.
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? Get up often to keep yourself awake, listen to an audiobook for awhile, make a snack!
Time Started: 8:03am
Time Now: 9.07pm
Time Spent Reading/Blogging: 8 hours 17 minutes
Total Pages read: 1022
Total Books read: 7 (Annie Glover is NOT a Tree Lover, Walking Backward, and William S. and the Great Escape, Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days, Jumped, The Naming of Tishkin Silk, Notes from the Dog)
Other tasks accomplished: Listened to the man from the local Volunteer Fire Department pitch his fundraiser and wrote him a check. Good cause.