Saturday, October 24, 2009

Read-a-thon Hour 7 and some pictures

Still going strong! It has now started pouring outside, which is making for some really nice background noise. I took a couple of pictures of my reading area for the dog (complete with doggies), which I'll share after my progress update.


Time Started: 8:03
Time Now: 2:48
Time Spent Reading/Blogging:  5 hours 26 minutes
Total Pages read: 691
Total Books read: 4.5 (Annie Glover is NOT a Tree Lover, Walking Backward, and William S. and the Great Escape, Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days)

Other things I accomplished: Cleaned up dog vomit. Gotta love having a dog with no thirst sensor in her brain. She will drink water until you physically stop her and if you don't catch her in time, all the water...and whatever she recently ate...comes back up. Typically it lands on a carpet, as it did this time. Sigh. 

 The first is my little loveseat where I'm cuddled up with the puker, Zoey. She takes up more room than I do, lovingly shoving me farther over to the side with her feet every few minutes.

Next is Shae, the dog I prefer cuddling with, showing her depressed face at the fact that Zoey beat her to the loveseat. I could sit on the big couch with both dogs, but that would mean moving the light and I'm too lazy today. You can see out the window how gray, dark, and gloomy it is outside.

Anyone else taking pictures of their spots today?


Alessandra said...

Lovely pictures :)

Very happy readathon! Enjoy your books :D

A Buckeye Girl Reads said...

I love the picture of your dog on your couch! You're doing much better then I am on the book count. I got off to a very slow start today. I'm hoping tonight goes better.

CCDPiper said...

Poor Shae! Looks like you have a very comfy place to read if you don't get squished off the love seat. Enjoy your books and your dogs.

Nise' said...

You are doing a great job of reading! It is so nice to have company while reading. Be sure to give those puppies a pet for me. Thanks for entering the challenge.

CeeCee said...

You're doing great despite your dog's vomit. At least he'll stay hydrated. :)Gotta love the pets! My cat abandoned me for awhile. Have fun today.

Michelle said...

Hee! Poor pooches...

They are cute though, despite their pukey nature.