Saturday, October 24, 2009

Read-a-thon Hour 1, meme

It's begun! I have my donuts and latte in hand and have already gotten through one book (it was a short one). Hopefully this gloomy day will help me to stay put and read, but we'll see :)


Time Started: 8:03
Time Now: 8:37
Time Spent Reading/Blogging: 32 minutes
Pages read: 120
Books read: 1

And the meme for the hour is as follows:


Where are you reading from today? My house in Virginia :) Either the couch or the porch probably. 


3 facts about me: Fall is my favorite season, I have a slight obsession with Skinny Decaf Hazelnut Lattes from Starbucks, and I have 2 dogs cuddling at my feet. 


How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours? 13, but I probably won't get through them all. 


Do you have any goals for the Read-a-thon? Well, my goal is to get through all 13 books. More realistically, my goal is to actually read all day and not feel guilty for slacking on the housework. 


If you're a veteran Read-a-thoner, any advice for people doing this for the first time? Choose short books! Really, it makes you feel like you're accomplishing something! And participate in the games and memes, they make it fun :)


2 comments:

Nise' said...

Today is not the day to feel guilty! Give those doggies a squeeze for me! Read away!

Michelle said...

I'm in Virginia as well (Northern) and its overcast and grey here so it's the perfect day to hang around and read for 24 straight hours isn't it?

Good luck and happ reading :)