Friday, December 18, 2009

Holiday Books Day 18: The Christmas Magic

Each day leading up to Christmas, I'm going to feature a Children's book that I've really enjoyed and would make a great choice to share with your family for the holidays. It may be one I've loved for years or one I've just recently found, but all would be great additions to your Christmas story list. Hopefully you'll find something to enjoy!

Jacket description:
"Far, far north, when the nights are the longest and the stars shine brightest, the spirit of Christmas fills the air with magic. Santa gathers his reindeer, feeds them parsnips and berries, and polishes his bells and his sled. Then, with great care, he chooses toys for every child in the world. For Santa loves them all dearly - and he knows what each child's heart desires most."

I've heard a lot of chatter about The Christmas Magic, written by Lauren Thompson and illustrated by Jon J. Muth. All good chatter, so when I checked it out for myself, I definitely wasn't disappointed.

There is an air of the magical throughout the book, building as each page is turned. If you have a child that still believes in Santa, this would be an awesome choice for a Christmas Eve read. Reading about Santa's simple preparations for his night out on the sleigh is a lot of fun.

This one will be sticking around my house until I have kids of my own to read it to. It's really does have a great feeling surrounding it, and with the soft illustrations it would make for a great night-before-Christmas read.

The Christmas Magic
Lauren Thompson
40 pages 
Picture Book
September 2009
Review copy received from publisher

To learn more, or to purchase, click on the book cover above to link to Amazon. I am an Associate and will receive a tiny commission for your purchase. Thanks!

1 comment:

Ladybug said...

Sounds like a great book(especially for my four year old :) )!