Sunday, December 27, 2009

Some Christmas bliss

My small little family had a wonderful Christmas day! Sleeping in a bit, opening the gifts we blessed each other with, and watching our "kids" enjoy their doggie loot.

Though my husband is like a lot of yours and doesn't really like to buy me books (I guess he thinks he wouldn't know what to get me or something crazy like that), but he scored big time points when he gave me both Always by Alison McGhee (a picture book of a dog that does everything to protect his family. SO cute) and Second Chances by Elise Rufkin. I have a thing for rescue dogs, can you tell?

Overall, a wonderful day, very relaxing and quiet.





6 comments:

Abby said...

Amanda, I love your snowflake ornaments! I'm glad you guys had a lovely Christmas. I did, too. (I can't believe it's over already!)

Amanda said...

Thanks Abby! With the last name "Snow," we end up with a lot of snow related stuff, but I can never get enough snowflakes.

Bethany Wiggins said...

I love your dogs! They make the picture perfect.

3T said...

I can't believe you got thos two knotheads to sit still like that! Or are we looking at the 437th attempt?

Amanda said...

Nope, first try! If you tell them to stay, they will :) Shae will stay indefinitely (sometimes we forget to tell her it's ok to get up and we'll find her in the same spot 10 minutes later), but Zoey will lose her attention span after about 30 seconds.

Laza said...

I cannot handle the cuteness that is your dogs posing for this pic. Too cute!