Monday, December 14, 2009

Weekend report...

As I mentioned on Friday, I've been a bit grinchy thus far in the holiday season. I have a rough time around Christmas, but always really try to have a positive attitude and for some reason my positive thoughts have been failing me! Saturday definitely perked my spirits though, as we spent the morning volunteering and laying wreaths at Arlington National Cemetery.

Such a patriotic and emotional experience, it was wonderful to get together with civilians, military, and other military families, to lay wreaths on over 16,000 headstones, pausing to remember what these men and women gave up for our country.

No matter how cranky I've been, this experience was wonderfully positive and I'm so glad we participated. Even if it meant getting up at 5am to stand in 20 degree weather!

Click to see full photos. 







6 comments:

3T said...

CNN had several photos, and I pored over them looking for you guys - no luck. Then I doscivered Mike and Mom had done the same thing:) Glad it lifted your spirits a bit, we're thinking about you!

3T said...

doscivered. It's like "discovered", but done in a more whimsical fashion.

Staci said...

What a moving and humbling experience indeed.

Amanda said...

I'm glad we missed the cameras...I was certainly trying my best to avoid them ;)

Sarah said...

Wow, it sounds like an experience that's going to live with you forever. Beautiful photos too.

Michelle said...

I'm glad you had a wonderful experience. I hope it helped put you in the holiday spirit! I know in my house we appreciate your having participated. :)