Friday, January 1, 2010

YA Cybils finalists announced!!

Well, not just YA titles, all of them were announced, which you can read about over at the Cybils blog

This was my second year as a first round judge for the YA panel of the Cybils and let me tell you, it does not get easier, it gets harder! After reading dozens and dozens and dozens of books these last few months, it all came down to our discussion this past weekend. 4 1/2 hours later, we had these finalists (in no particular order):





North of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headley








Blue Plate Special by Michelle D. Kwasney









Cracked Up to Be by Courtney Summers







 How to Say Goodbye in Robot by Natalie Standiford










 Carter Finally Gets It by Brent Crawford







Into the Wild Nerd Yonder by Julie Halpern









Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson





Incredibly hard decisions. So many we wanted to include that aren't on this list, but overall, I think we did a pretty great job! Hopefully one of your favorites is on here :)

Again, you can find all the rest of the categories and their finalists, over here at the Cybils blog. I had a great time with my fellow panelists and hope to participate again next year.

1 comment:

3T said...

Oh, great, I haven't even ordered half of these...guess i know what I'll be doing this morning...and then there's your list of favorites...I'm going to need more order cards!

I can think of worse ways to start a Monday than by ordering good books:)