Wednesday, March 24, 2010

It's been awhile...

Yes, I've been neglecting my blog. And I really do apologize, but it's been a bit crazy here in the Snow household and I don't see it slowing down anytime soon. Not to mention the weather has been absolutely beautiful and sitting at the computer when it's 70 and sunny outside is just not in my daily plan. But for now, some catchup notes:

-The winner of my latest giveaway is:  Angie! I've sent you an email Angie, congrats! And for those of you that didn't win, I get ARCs all the time, so look for more giveaways soon.

-My husband returned safe and sound from Haiti, though exhausted and with a stomach bug. He's feeling much better now and the entire team from our church feels they really did a whole lot of good, even in such a short period of time. Thanks to everyone that supported his journey!

-I just finished The Forest of Hands and Teeth on audio and let me just say, you need to run out and get this from your library or wherever you get audiobooks. Even if you have previously read the book (which I had), this is one of the only times I will tell you that the audio was better than my own personal reading experience. A review to come later.

-What else have I been reading? Well I'm in the middle of Keep Sweet by Michele Green and just finished Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. Vastly different stories for sure. Keeping me on my toes!

And that's it for now! I'll have reviews back up for the rest of the week, though I may be taking another weekend break. It's supposed to be gorgeous :)


Mel said...

I loved Forest of Hands and Teeth on audio. The narrator was wonderul! Actually, I am about to start Dead Tossed Waves on audio. I hope that is as good.

Anna M. said...

I loved that book too! I just finished her second book - The Dead-Tossed Waves. WOW! Not as good as the Forest of Hands and Teeth but pretty enjoyable.

D.A. Tyo said...

I am looking forward to your review on the audio of Forest of Hands and Teeth. I read the book over the summer and loved it! (I am waiting to get my hands on a copy of the second book.) I wonder if you can persuade me to listen to a book I've already read...can't wait!