Sunday, March 7, 2010

News from the Kid lit book world

I haven't shared any news lately and for that, I'm very sorry! I read little tidbits every day and plan to post about them, but of course, fail miserably. Here's what's on my mind today:


Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon is back and the organizers are looking for volunteers! I am totally free (at least at this point) to participate as a reader on April 10th and hope a lot of you will be joining in too. I never get as much reading done as I want to, but it's fun to participate, not to mention it's the one day I allow myself two donuts. If that's not something to look forward to, I don't know what is!  Head over here to see how you can help out.

I have a giveaway going on right now to win one of three copies of I,Q: Independence Hall, which ends tonight at 11:59EST. Join in before it's too late!

It's Oscar night! Are you excited? Do you watch? Do you even care about the winners, only watching for the dresses? I like a little of both, myself. I'm a big fan of watching the red carpet preshow, but I love award shows in general, especially when I've seen most of the movies, which I have this year. I have some favorites (Precious and Inglourious Basterds), but will enjoy watching no matter who wins what.

The NYT list of Children's Bestsellers is up and I'm not at all surprised to see Mr. Mo Willems with three titles on the list. Congrats!

And finally, if you didn't see my post that includes my husband's letter for help to send him to Haiti, I would love to invite you over to read it. If you aren't able to donate, we completely understand, but would love good vibes and prayers to be sent while he's gone. Only 7 days left!

No comments: