I still have another 19 minutes to read, but it's just not happening. My warm shower is calling my name and I suppose I should get ready for church, since I was fairly lazy yesterday. It's been a lot of fun everyone...until October!
1. Which hour was most daunting for you? Well I turned the light off a little after midnight, when I couldn't keep my peepers open anymore.
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? Well...not from my own pile. None of my books were really page turners, but I have plenty that I think would be great choices for a read-a-thon, if you haven't read them already: The Book Thief, The Hunger Games, Graceling, etc.
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? I think I'm pretty pleased with it just the way it works now.
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? I didn't see any flaws this time around.
5. How many books did you read? 6
6. What were the names of the books you read? A Nest for Celeste, The Total Tragedy of a Girl Named Hamlet, The Firefly Letters, We the Children, Mockingbird, and Ways to Live Forever
7. Which book did you enjoy most? Probably Ways to Live Forever, which was my last book of the night. Definitely kept me going the longest.
8. Which did you enjoy least? Well, I put down Silent Tears, another book from the pile, because it was too depressing from the very beginning.
9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? I'm sure I'll participate as a reader again. It's a great way to knock a bunch of books off the TBR pile!
Books read: 6
Pages read: 1346
Time spent reading: 9 hours 10 minutes
Not my best Read-a-thon outcome by far, but I'm blaming the beautiful weather. If it had been gloomy and rainy I could have easily read more and for longer, but I just could not resist the garden, playing with those crazy pups of mine, or chatting with the hubby while "reading" in the yard. It was a good day :)