Saturday, April 10, 2010

Mid-Event survey

We're halfway there and that means it's time for the mid-event meme:

Mid-Event Survey:
1. What are you reading right now? Just starting Mockingbird by Kathryn Erskine

2. How many books have you read so far? 3

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? I'm really looking forward to Mockingbird and Ways to Live Forever...though I've been warned the 2nd will make me cry

4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? Ha...I didn't free up my whole day, unfortunately.

5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? I go with the flow. I never sign up for a readathon actually believing I'll sit and read for 24 hours...I have a hard time sitting still. So, today I ran errands, weeded the veggie garden, took a nap, etc.

6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? How tired I am this time around. Could be the medication I'm taking, but I could go to bed right now and sleep until tomorrow.

7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Nope, it's going great!

8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? Probably nothing. I like my go-with-the-flow days. I still get chores/errands accomplished, along with books checked off the TBR list.

9. Are you getting tired yet? Oh yes.

10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? I'm sticking with shorter, lighter titles and taking frequent breaks. Reading other's posts is pretty encouraging as well.


Shelley said...

I feel like I get more and more tired each readathon I participate in. But like you, I'm okay with that! Here's a cheer to keep you going:

You can do it-
You're so hip.
Give that page
Another flip!

Halfway through
You're going strong.
With awesome books
You can't go wrong!

Maw Books said...

I have Mockingbird on hold at the library. I can't wait to hear what you think about it!