Saturday, April 10, 2010

Read-a-Thon update 2....it's TOO nice outside!

I keep trying to continue with my reading pace, really, I do. I'm failing miserably though and I'm totally blaming the weather. First, I thought it would be a good idea to get the errands out of the way first (I read in the car, hubby drove), so I could concentrate on just reading. Then, I decided to move my super comfy reading chairs into the sun, so I could catch some beautiful sun rays while reading....I promptly fell asleep in the sun. THEN I took up weeding the garden which was way more involved than planned.

Sigh. I'll get some reading done when it's dark, really...I promise.

I haven't really done any interesting eating either. I'm a bit boring today folks.

Time now: 4:34

Time spent reading: 4 hours 17 minutes

Books completed:
2.5 (A Nest for Celeste, Total Tragedy of A Girl named Hamlet). Gave up on 1 (Silent Tears)...too depressing for such a beautiful day.

Pages read: 671

Currently reading: We the Children by Andrew Clements (first in a new series)

4 comments:

Beth F said...

Books, books
They're everywhere
How you read them
We don't care!

Vasilly said...

Even with the nap, you're still doing great! Keep it up!

Serena said...

Looks like you are making great headway
Keep up the reading, don’t let that head sway
Eyes on the page and coffee in hand
You’ll be entering a new land.

GO READER!

kikiv68 said...

"A story to me means a plot where there is some surprise. Because that is how life is- full of surprises", by Isaac Bashevis Singer. I hope your day is full of book surprises. Happy Reading! Don't be tto hard on yourself. The first thing is to HAVE FUN!
Readthon Cheeleader and Follower