Sunday, June 6, 2010

Final numbers for the 48HBC

If I could make myself stay awake all night, I would have accomplished so much more during this challenge, but I just can't do it! I crawled into bed with my book last night around 11 and was done by 11:30. The bed was a baaaad idea. I still feel pretty accomplished with the amount of books I got off my shelf and the amount of reading I got done, not to mention all the new blogs I discovered. Really, that was probably my favorite part!

Since my cash flow is seriously hurting these days, I didn't have a lot of money to give, but I always like to donate something, especially when it has to do with kids/books. I followed MotherReader's lead and am donating to this D.C. school (it's local, which drew me to it, but you can pick a school just about anywhere in the U.S.). I decided to give $1 per hour read/blogged/networked.

Here are my final totals:

Time started: 7:22am Friday

Time now: 8:34am Sunday (my official end time was 7:22am, but the last I saw a book page was last night)

Total pages read:  2105 (4 discs listened to)

Total time spent reading: 22 hours 07 minutes

Total time spent blogging/commenting: 4 hour 20 minutes

Total time during challenge: 26hrs 27minutes

Books read: 8 (Nature Girl, Scars, This Means War, The Red Thread, Sing Me to Sleep, As Easy as Falling Off the Face of the Earth, You Don't Even Know Me, Amy & Roger's Epic Detour).

I also listened to part of The Little Giant of Aberdeen County and The Cross Gardener.

Total donated to charity: $27.00 (I'll be donating in the next couple of days

For all of you still trucking along, keep it up! And thanks so much to MotherReader for hosting this awesome challenge, yet again. We SO appreciate the work you put in and I hope you had a lot of time for reading yourself!


Abby said...

Those are great totals, Amanda! I've got 'til 7:15 tonight, so I'll see how much I can get read...

Peaceful Reader said...

It sounds like it was a great time reading plus dinner and breakfast out! I enjoyed your review of Nature Girl and might have to give it a try myself.

theyayayas said...

Way to go, Amanda! I'm so impressed by the 26 hours, considering how many other things you did during the 48 hours.


web said...

Way to go!

Mystee said...

Great totals :)

Shelley said...

Great job! I love finding new blogs too. I'm afraid to see how many I subscribe to in my reader!

Lydia said...

Fantastic totals!

MotherReader said...

You're welcome! Thanks for playing!

Charlotte said...

Good for you, Amanda!