Saturday, June 5, 2010

Hour 30ish...

I have had such a fabulous, relaxing morning. Saturdays are my new favorite day of the week, I think. Aaron decided to take me to our favorite breakfast spot, Northside Social, all the way in Arlington (if you're from NOVA and haven't been, you need to go...AMAZING!!). I got to read for the 25 minute drive there, the hour we spent enjoying our french press coffee, apple turnover scones, and breakfast sandwiches, and the 25 minute drive back. We also stopped off at the Farmer's Market and The Container Store (my favorite place besides bookstores to spend my money). Got some sock drawer organizers, which I love...and screams "dork."

Unfortunately, the two books I read during my morning were not my cup of tea. I read most of both, but didn't really enjoy either. Sing Me to Sleep by Angela Morrison was a little cliche and sappy for my taste and As Easy as Falling Off the Face of the Earth by Lynne Rae Perkins just left me feeling weird. No other way to describe it. It was funny, but overly odd and just didn't keep me interested. Oh well...two more off my list.

Now I'm off to take a cold shower, since it's hotter than blazes today, and pick up another book. I hope everyone else is feeling as relaxed and accomplished as I am!


Time started: 7:22am Friday
Time now: 12:46pm Saturday
Total pages read:  1511 (3 discs listened to)
Total time spent reading: 13 hours 15 minutes
Total time spent blogging/commenting: 2 hour 12 minutes
Books read: 4 (Nature Girl, Scars, This Means War, The Red Thread, Sing Me to Sleep, As Easy as Falling Off the Face of the Earth).
Now reading: After my shower, I'll pick out something else. Not quite sure what I'm in the mood for now.

8 comments:

The Book Maven said...

You are doing awesome! Love following your updates...they have been very helpful to this first time participant. As Easy as Falling of the Face of the Earth is in my pile. Getting ready to start The Blue Shoe by Roderick Townley. I noticed he is author of The Red Thread. Will add that one to my ever growing TBR pile!
Happy Reading!

Shelley said...

I didn't really care for Criss-Cross by Perkins,and it was a Newbery winner I think.
It sounds like you're having a wonderful time and I'm jealous of your delicious sounding breakfast.

Amanda said...

Different The Red Thread...mine was by Ann Hood :)But you should add that one to your pile anyways, it was wonderful!

CeeCee said...

Wow, I miss the Container Store in Bethesda. When I go home, I'm going to have to make a visit. Have fun reading!

Jennie said...

If you're willing to drive to Arlington for breakfast, you have to do brunch at Eventide (right by Clarendon metro.) My favorite in the area!

Abby said...

Just got back from work - our Summer kickoff party was today and it was craaazy! (Just the way we like it!) Now, back to reading...

Charlotte said...

Arlington sure has changed since I was a child...there wasn't much of anywhere cool to eat back then. I remember when the first Dunkin Donuts opened, on Washington Blvd...how happy we were.

But then the Metro came, and it all changed....

theyayayas said...

Apple turnover scones. Ooh, that sounds good.

Great job with the reading!

Trisha