Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I know, I know....

I've been neglectful. Haven't posted in over a week...and I don't think I've ever done that! We had a wonderfully relaxing, much needed vacation in the Outer Banks of North Carolina where I got lots of sun, lots of reading time, etc. We ate a lot, read a lot, swam a lot, and just enjoyed ourselves for our anniversary, after the past two years of pretty terrible anniversaries, for one reason or another. Great time, very much needed.

And then my grandmother promptly went into the hospital with 3 brain aneurysms, one of them bleeding, needing immediate surgery. My first response was to laugh, sad as it sounds. Our family just can't catch a break. My mother died of a serious brain bleed just about 18 months ago, so of course, my entire family went into panic mode and I ended up going straight from North Carolina to my hometown in Upstate NY for a few days, with nothing but a brief stopover at home in Virginia to do a load of laundry and get the beach sand out of the car.

My grandma is doing much better and has been moved from the ICU to a rehab floor. Not out of the woods yet, but much, much better. And miserable as all heck...she just wants out! Can't blame her I suppose. At this point though, I'm just waiting for the next tragedy. Blah.

I've finished a bunch of books in the past week and am participating in the 48 Hour Read-a-thon this weekend, so I'll hopefully be finishing a lot more in the coming days. I'll have a couple of reviews tomorrow and then a weekend filled with Read-a-thon posts and THEN things will hopefully be back to normal around here. I have a ton of reviews to do and just not enough time. Slowly, things will get done.

I've missed you all and welcome all the new followers!

5 comments:

Allison said...

I'm so sorry about your grandmother, I'm so glad to hear she might actually be getting better! Such a relief if that turns out okay. Good luck to her!

And good luck to you, in the readathon! :)

Janssen said...

Best wishes for your grandmother - good luck to you all!

Carrie Harris said...

Wow. I really hope all is well! Best wishes to your family.

Love the outer banks. We went there for Spring Break this year and will probably make a tradition of it.

Abby said...

Oh, honey, I'm so sorry about your grandma! I hope she continues to recover. *hugs*

Susan said...

As soon as I read about your grandma, those exact words popped into my head: "That family canNOT catch a break." Glad to hear she's doing better. Hang in there. Things are bound to start looking up SOMEtime :)