Friday, June 4, 2010

Let the festivities begin!!

I'm once again happy to be participating in MotherReader's 48 Hour Book Challenge, which for me is starting NOW. My reading time is going to being right after I finish this post, so approximately 7:20am today, Friday, to 7:20am Sunday morning. I have a whole stack of books (more on those in a minute) and tons of time set aside to read, with a teeny break in the day for a job interview. Cross your fingers for me! And on the way to and from the interview and during the inevitable yard work I have to get done this weekend, I have audiobooks set to listen to.

No special snacks this time (I usually treat myself to donuts during these things), since I just went on vacation and probably gained at least 5lbs. No treats for this reader! Maybe coffee though, LOTS of that.

SO, the books. I have a stack I would like to get through, though I know I won't get to all of them. And I'll probably get bored with my pile at some point and go pick something else. For now, here's what I'm attempting:

Smells Like Dog by Suzanne Selfors
This Means War by Ellen Wittlinger
The Last Great Getaway by Scott William Carter
Nature Girl by Jane Kelley
As Easy as Falling Off the Face of the Earth by Lynne Rae Perkins
Scars by Cheryl Rainfield
You Don't Even Know Me by Sharon G. Flake
Spells by Aprilynne Pike
The Red Thread by Ann Hood

I also have audios of The Little Giant of Aberdeen County by Tiffany Baker and The Cross Gardener by Jason F. Wright to listen to.  One for the car, one for the Ipod.

I also have my trusty notebook to record start and stop times, so I can be ridiculously accurate on reading/blogging time. I'll check in several times a day when I need a break. I know I won't read for 48 hours...I also know that I won't even come close to that. But hopefully I'll get a whole lot of books off my list.

OH and I decided to change up my charity donation and send my money to the same place MotherReader is sending her's. Through Donor's Choose, this D.C. school will get some much needed supplies. Appropriate for this challenge I think! $1 per hour I read will be donated :)

I'm off...can't wait to see how everyone is doing!

11 comments:

Abby said...

Go, go, go! I'll be starting tonight! (Good luck on your interview, dear! Is it for a library job?)

The Book Maven said...

So jealous that you can start already! I'll be starting at 6:00 p.m.EST tonight. I have As Easy as Falling Off the Face of the Earth in my pile too! Looking forward to your post.

Happy Reading...and good luck on your interview! Sending positive thoughts your way!

Jodie said...

Have a fun time. I have 'Nature Girl' so I hope it's really good.

Whitney said...

I've heard The Little Giant of Aberdeen County is suppose to be really good. Have a great weekend of reading!

MotherReader said...

You have a wonderfully optimistic list of books. I love it! But not as much as I love your being meticulous about the time with a little notebook. ;^)

Hope that interview went well!

Rasco from RIF said...

Have been thinking about you as you go to interview! I am here as a cheerleader this year as family obligations keep me from participating as a reader this year; I loved the "festivities" last year. I know that school is giong to love their donations, I have made a donation in honor of those of you giving to this particular school. Happy Reading!

Beth said...

Good luck on the interview and the reading! I just started.

Madigan McGillicuddy said...

Good luck on your interview!
Doing the 48-Hour Book Challenge is certain to keep your mind busy, eh?

Lisa said...

Whoot! Whoot! let's read!

geekyreads said...

Scars looks really good. Good luck this weekend!

millymarie said...

I'm sure your doing great with the read a thon. :D Awesome choices for books. I also hope the job interview went well.