Thursday, June 24, 2010

When I listen to audiobooks

Jen over at Devourer of Books is hosting Audiobook Week (so cool!) and is having us all join in a discussion each day, regarding audiobooks. Today's discussion is about when we listen to audiobooks.

When I first started listening, it was only in the car. This was before the time of Ipods and I couldn't use my Discman to listen to an entire audiobook in the allotted 2 week checkout period of my local library. In the car? No problem.

Now, it's mainly when I walk my few miles each day or while I'm cleaning around the house. Occasionally, if I take a trip up to my hometown in NY myself, I'll listen to a book then or if my husband is with me we may be able to agree on one to listen to. But for the most part, I listen while I work out, clean, and cook. I'm crossing my fingers I get an interview for this library position I just applied for, so I can listen in the car again!

Head on over and join the discussion!


Kirsten said...

I listen in the car too - I have a long commute 2 days a week, the audiobooks make it more tolerable!

Melissa (Betty and Boo's Mommy) said...

Good luck with the potential job! If you get it, hopefully that might mean first crack at any new audios? :)

Nise' said...

I cleaned extra long today in order to keep listening!

Alison's Book Marks said...

I am never in the car alone - always with the kids - so I can't listen there.

I did a LOT of gardening while listening to my audiobook this week. I usually do not enjoy gardening (don't throw your vegetables at me!) but I found myself out there a lot longer because I wanted to listen to my book some more!