Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Favorites so far...

Well, 2010 has absolutely flown by, as we've already entered the second half. I know that I'm sitting here counting the days until Fall (it's 102 outside right now), but in reality, I would actually love time to slow down just a tad. I suppose my mother was right when she told me that time goes by quicker the older we get...

Around the blogosphere, I've been seeing bloggers listing their Top Ten books that they've read so far this year and I wanted to chime in. I love to promote my favorite titles and  I've been lucky to read some fantastic books from all different age levels and genres in the past 6 months. Here's to hoping that the second half of 2010 is even better.

 Let's start with my Middle Grade reads. These have not been nearly as plentiful as my YA and Adult reads so far this year, but I'm not really sure why. I guess I've just been in the mood for meatier, more complex reading. That being said, these three definitely did it for me in terms of plot, characters, and overall effect.

























As for the Young Adult titles, those I've been going through like water and have found a lot of great debut authors this year. Lots of excellent writing, unique concepts, and intriguing characters. I hope to see some of these on the Cybils list this year.





















And for Adult reads, I really loved these two:















And finally, the book that I just recently finished and absolutely LOVED, but don't really know where to classify, is...



I know that it's aimed towards middle graders, but I really felt the concepts and complexities of it were too much for that age group. But, it's not really up to me to say that it belongs in Young Adult, so I'm just leaving it standing on it's own.

I apologize for the funky formatting. Blogger, was not being my friend this morning! If you have your own list of favorites for the year, be sure to leave it in the comments, I would love to check it out!



To learn more or to purchase, click on the book cover above to link to Amazon. I am an Associate and will receive a small percentage of the purchase price. Thanks!

1 comment:

Jennifer Shirk said...

Oooh, this is good to know because I'm going to the library this week. I'll look for these. :)

(And yeah, what's been up with blogger lately?)