Sunday, July 18, 2010

IMM Week 1: My first!

Some of my favorite posts around the blogosphere come from those that participate each week in The Story Siren's In My Mailbox feature, so I thought it only fair to start doing them myself. I love to see what others happen to be getting and I especially love seeing those brave enough to do vlogs. It offers an extra peek into the life of the blogger; one we just can't get through reading words. Maybe someday I'll be brave enough to make my own vlog, but for now, words is all you get!

I had a slower week this week...summer is usually rather slow until about August when Fall books start showing up, but I still received a pretty eclectic bunch.


For review:

Picture Books:

Lots of Spots by Lois Ehlert (Beach Lane)
One Blue Fish: A Colorful Counting Book by Charles Reasoner (Little Simon)

Young Adult:

Danger's Edge: Wildfire at Camp David by Dee Garretson (Harper)
Z by Michael Thomas Ford (HarperTeen)
I,Q: The White House by Roland Smith (Sleeping Bear Press)

Adult: 

Three Wishes by Carey Goldberg, Beth Jones, and Pamela Ferdinand (Little Brown, Amazon Vine)

Purchased: 

I didn't buy any books this week, however the husband surprised me with a Nook, so I'm sure I'll have to buy my first ebook here pretty soon to try it out. The sweet guy saved a bunch of gift cards for an external hard drive and bought me the Nook instead. He's a keeper!

2 comments:

Abby said...

I think I'd do vlogs if I had a better webcam... I can do it with my digital camera, but it's not the easiest.

Looks like you got some nice books this week! My mailbox has been pretty slow lately, too. Not that I'm complaining - my TBR pile from BEA literally towers over me. Oy!

Glad you're doing IMM now! :)

Melissa (Betty and Boo's Mommy) said...

I'm doing IMM for the first time this week, too. Looks like you got some great books!