Monday, July 12, 2010

Lazy days of summer? I think not.

Summer is supposed to be a season filled with nothing to do. BBQs, laying on the beach,walking for ice cream each night and a whole lot of reading are the only activities required for summer time, because they're fun, relaxing, and involve nothing more than a pair of flip-flops, some reading material, and food! My summer has not been the least bit lazy or unproductive, as much as I wish it was...books aren't getting read, movies aren't getting watched, and we still haven't hosted that BBQ we've been promising my husband's coworkers for months.

Since June, I've been up to NY somewhere around 6 times. Now, I live in Northern Virginia and Upstate NY has both my and Aaron's hometowns, where most of our family still live, and it's "only" about a 7 hour drive up there. Do it five times in 6 weeks and you'll be ready to collapse. Especially when two of these trips have taken place with less than 24 hours of "relaxing time" in between.

We've also had a constant flow of houseguests, which I suppose it what happens when you live right outside a touristy area and have family in both NY and FL...we're the stopping point. Which is wonderful (love my fam), but I would really enjoy sitting on this screened-in deck with some ice tea and my TBR pile and not cleaning my house for company. More people on the way Sunday. Ahhhh!!!

What other craziness has been taking place in the Snow household? Well, we took in a puppy that is needing a new home, hoping to save her from being euthanized in a shelter. Great dog, well behaved for an 8 month old pup, but she's still very much a puppy. Oh and did I mention this makes THREE dogs in my 1000 sq ft house? Anyone looking for a sweet dog?? I'll drive her to you.

Oh and the office got painted and has new trim, I have a garden going (that's almost dead b/c of no rain), a new fence is going up in the side yard this weekend, another NY trip for a family reunion at the end of the month, with MORE houseguests the first weekend in August, it's been hotter than Hades, and I think I'm losing my mind.

How's YOUR summer going?

7 comments:

Sarah said...

My summer has been far from lazy too. I'm looking forward to fall, lol. Good luck finding the puppy a new home and I'm so glad you saved him for the time being.

Hannah Stoneham said...

My summer has been ridiculously busy so far as well... and I find that they often are. In fact, i don't think I have had a lazy one since childhood!

Jackie Parker said...

Wedding planning. 'Nuff said.

Abby said...

As I told two of my coworkers today - I have hit my Summer Reading Club wall. We have three weeks left, but I want it to be over NOOOOOOOWS.

So, yeah. I'm really looking forward to August. :)

Lisa said...

Pretty much the same, only the details are different. Work work work, sew some, boys, house, clean, work. Lay around like a beached whale.

Three Turtles and Their Pet Librarian said...

Much less travelling, but equal amounts of craziness. And did I mention that the Children's Clerk is leaving two weeks before the end of summer reading and you need to move back here NOW????? I'll even share my garden with you, which has had TONS of rain and is growing like crazy (beans and weeds alike)!

Mrs.Robertson said...

Your post made me feel SO much better. I've been getting cranky because my TBR piles have not been touched in several days, except to move one book from one pile to another in the hopes of getting to it sometime that day. Nice to know I'm not the only one who isn't getting all the "down" time they'd like!