Sunday, August 15, 2010

IMM Week 5

So, I teased you with a vlog my first week of participating in IMM and haven't done one since. Sorry about that folks, totally not intentional. I have a netbook, which is really not right for making videos, so I have been waiting for the husband's MacBook to be fixed (and let's not mention how hilarious it is that his $2,000 computer broke before my $350.00 computer). So, until it's back from Apple and working, no vlogs.

I am starting to get a bit overwhelmed with books for review, as the fall book season rears it's head. I love seeing books in the mailbox (or at the door), but I've been so busy lately that my reading time has just fallen to the side...not to mention the fact that the one book I've been totally engulfing, The Ask and The Answer, is a library book. Good for library, bad for review shelves.

Anyways, here's the rundown of the week:

For review:

Picture books:
Franklin's Big Dreams by David Teague
Elsie's Bird by Jane Yolen
Spork by Kyo Maclear

Middle Grade:
The Year Money Grew on Trees by Aaron Hawkins
The Kneebone Boy by Ellen Potter

Young Adult:
Adios, Nirvana by Conrad Wesselhoeft
Wildthorn by Jane Eagland

Adult:
Little Princes: One Man's Promise to Bring Home the Lost Children of Nepal by Conor Grennan

Non-Fiction:
Looking Closely in the Rainforest by Frank Serafini
Up We Grow! A Year in the Life of a Small, Local Farm by Deborah Hodge


Bought: 
I didn't buy any this week. I'm sure I'll remedy that on the 24th with a Mockingjay purchase!

In My Mailbox is hosted by The Story Siren.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Is Spork at all related to the children's book Spoon? Where Spoon thinks he's not as cool as Fork and Knife because he can't cut things, etc?

Amanda said...

It's actually not. I think you're referring to Amy Krause Rosenthal's Spoon, which I LOVED, but this one is by a different author. Appears to be exactly the same concept though, which I'm sure I'll be mentioning in my review ;)

lavenderlines said...

The Kneebone Boy by Ellen Potter looks soooo good! Happy reading. :)

Abby said...

Haha, I thought the same thing about SPORK. :)

And I have WILDTHORN hovering near the top of my TBR pile (snagged a copy at BEA). Will have to get to that soon.

Looks like a good week! But I feel ya on the not-having-time-to-read thing. I feel like I've hardly read any books this summer! Hopefully now that school's starting, work will calm down a little bit and I can get back to reading...

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

your header is totally adorable! i am so jealous of wildthorn, i've been wanting to read it for so long!

Shannon, StorySnoops said...

I love Ellen Potter, and can't wait to read her new book, as well! Happy Reading!

-Shannon
www.StorySnoops.com

Conor said...

Hi,
Just saw that you were sent a copy of my ARC, Little Princes! Really hope you have time to check it out, and even more than you might find something in there you like. Or at least that you love the color of the cover - deep blue. Or big doors. Or Nepalese kids.
Thanks for taking the time!
Conor