Sunday, August 22, 2010

IMM Week 6

It was a slower week for review books, but that didn't stop me from hitting up the library! I don't know why I feel this need to have a huge pile of books to be read at any given time. I like having choices, but this is more than a bit ridiculous!

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi of The Story Siren

For review:

Not That Kind of Girl by Siobhan Vivian
The Danger Box by Blue Balliett
Confessions of the Sullivan Sisters by Natalie Standiford
The Cross Bones (Skeleton Creek Book 3) by Patrick Carman
Extraordinary by Nancy Werlin (I've already finished this one, MUCH more on that later)

I'm pretty excited about all of these. Loved Standiford's How to Say Goodbye in Robot, have really enjoyed the 2 previous Skeleton Creek books, and Siobhan Vivian never disappoints.


The Sharper Your Knife, The Less You Cry: Love, Laughter, and Tears at the World's Most Famous Cooking School by Kathleen Flinn
Blindsided by Priscilla Cummings
Rocky Road by Rose Kent
Made from Scratch: Discovering the Pleasures of a Handmade Life by Jenna Woginrich
Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover by Ally Carter

I have the latest Gallagher Girl book to read for review, so I've been frantically catching up on the previous three, hence Don't Judge. LOVE the other ones. Quick, entertaining reads. Blindsided is for next month's book club choice and when I placed it on hold I expected it to come weeks from now, so I'll be hanging onto that one for awhile. The other three were just choices that resulted from browsing the new YA and the cooking section. I love me a good memoir, so hopefully Made from Scratch and The Sharper Your Knife deliver!

What do you get in YOUR mailbox this week?


Sarah said...

Everyone has been getting Not that Kind of Girl and I'm so envious. This is a great stack of books you have to read!

Charmaine Clancy said...

I always have too many books waiting to read when I finish one. Then I have the agonising task of choosing which one's next.

April (BooksandWine) said...

Ahhh Confessions of The Sullivan Sisters. I am beyond jealous!

Extraordinary was awesome!

Book Sake said...

Confessions of the Sullivan Sisters looks great - enjoy!

Check out our Mailbox at BookSake.

E.J. Stevens said...

The Cross Bones sounds really interesting. Great mailbox! My IMM Birthday Edition is here.

From the Shadows