Sunday, September 19, 2010

IMM Week 10

I had a great week in terms of books and what showed up in my mailbox! Several I'm excited about, a few I hadn't heard of, and overall lots of new things to look forward to.

All are for review this week, as my bank account is screaming "NO" very loudly in regards to any purchasing. Could be that new lawn mower we just had to buy today and the huge bill we got from the motorcycle repair shop for my husband's bike. Yikes. Anyways, on to the books!

Animal House by Candace Ryan and illustrator Nathan Hale
Haven't heard much about this one, but was contacted by the author for a review. Looks really cute!

Scaredy-Cat, Splat! by Rob Scotton
Huge Splat fan! And this one looks to be fabulous for a Halloween-themed Picture Book Saturday.

The Boy in the Garden by Allen Say
It's by Allen Say. Enough said.

Zombies vs. Unicorns edited by Holly Black and Justine Larbalestier
I know a ton of you have really been looking forward to this one. I'm not a huge zombie fan OR a huge unicorn fan, BUT I loved the Black and Larbalestier collaboration in Geektastic, so I'm anxious to see what this one will do for me.

The Fourth Stall by Chris Rylander
This one doesn't publish until early next year and I hadn't heard anything about it. It's described as "Diary of a Wimpy Kid meets The Sopranos," so we'll see what that actually means!

Inside Out & Back Again by Thanhha Lai
Another one for early next year and another I hadn't yet heard of. Seems to be about a 10 year old in Vietnam during the war...sounds like something I'll enjoy!

Pull by B.A. Binns
An inner-city Chicago teen dealing with the murder of his mother at the hands of his father. Sounds intense.

365 Days to a Prayer-Filled Life by Germaine Copeland
I've been looking for a new devotional for a couple of weeks, so hopefully this one delivers!

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi of The Story Siren.


christina said...

Dude! I didn't know there was actually going to be a book: Zombies vs. Unicorns. Totally righteous. (I've been trying to incorporate more 80's slang into my comments, lol).

Book Sake said...

I saw Zombies vs. Unicorns in the store yesterday...prompted a very long conversation about them. I'm not a huge fan of either, but think the different stories could be fun. Enjoy!

Check out our Mailbox at BookSake.

kirsty at the overflowing library said...

fab books

My IMMB is here

Jamie said...

Ok, I keep hearing about this Zombies vs. Unicorns book everywhere! I need to break down and buy it!

My IMM vlog

Sarah said...

Scaredy-Cat Splat is adorable. My library just got a copy. I love that cat!