Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Market gift!

I don't know about you, but I'm already gearing up for the holiday season with some purchases here and there. We have so many friends/relatives/kiddos to buy for that if I saved it all for December I would be paying off credit cards for the rest of the year! And Suze Orman tells me that's not cool.

So, Market Day! is a set of 4 board books, each focusing on an early learning subject (colors, shapes, opposites, and numbers) and would make a fun gift...or so I'm hoping...for a toddler. The books all come out of the envelope, which then folds out to make a market scene. Sheets of different characters can be popped out and used as great props for explaining the shapes/colors/opposites/etc. and as inspiration for imagination play. 

I can't see this holding up for years, the paper isn't exactly flimsy, but it's just like any lift-the-flap book that is bound to be torn eventually, but it's a unique concept, that the books and the playset can be combined into one. It's easily carried by a handle and isn't at all heavy, so your toddler could carry it himself. 

A neat gift for sure!

Market Day!
Gift set
Kane Miller
Review copy received from publisher

No comments: