Friday, October 22, 2010

Loving these fall days...

Though I know I'm blessed with a pretty wonderful life, I've been feeling extra blessed lately. Random bouts of happiness are always a fabulous thing and I'm glad they're happening around here!

What's been making me so chipper lately?

Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies brought in by a coworker. Delicious and wonderfully seasonal!

Cool fall weather. I love the smell and the feel of the air, and I really do enjoy all those leaves floating around, even when it means I have to rake them.

My dogs snuggling with me each night when I get home from work. I hate leaving them, but they can sure make a woman feel special with all the commotion they cause when I walk in the door!

Soup! Who doesn't love a delicious bowl of soup when it starts to get chilly outside? I've made chicken noodle, tomato and rice, and butternut squash just in the past 3 weeks.  

A new hair cut. I will admit, I'm a hair stylist snob. I don't want to pay a lot, but if she/he doesn't do a great job even once, I won't go back again, so finding a place here in the D.C. metro area has been VERY difficult. I finally found one today, after about 8 months, and have a refreshing new hair cut. Yay!

Modern Family. HILARIOUS show! Aaron and I are about halfway through season one and I seriously do not stop laughing the entire show. It may even be surpassing my Big Bang Theory/Office love.

Pumpkin Spice lattes. Though I am a Starbucks regular, I recently had this drink at Caribou and it knocked Starbucks out of the water. If you're a fan of the famous pumpkin spice latte at Starbucks, try Caribou's and I think you'll be quite surprised!

What are YOU loving lately?

6 comments:

Janssen said...

The pumpkin scones I made with dinner last night. WOW.

Susanne Winnacker said...

Mmmh. Punpkin chocolate chip cookies sound like something I'd love. I need to look for a recipe.

Jamie said...

Love the Fall!! :) This post made me smile. Always a good thing to reflect on all the good things. I've been kind of down lately so I should definitely do that!

Abby said...

Fall's been so busy that I've pretty much been barreling through with my head down. I love that when I finally take the time to look up, the leaves are so pretty and colorful. :)

christina said...

Love pumpkin EVERYTHING! The cookies sound fabulous. And I don't have that other coffee place that you mentioned but I do dig me some pumpkin spiced latte action from Starbucks!

Lisa said...

I got a pumpkin spice latte recently and was SO disappointed. I might have taken it back had I been inside the starbucks instead of having gone through drive through.